Recipes › Chocolate & Banana Cake
50 - 60 minutes
Serves 10 - 12
By Innovative (inspired by a recipe by Pam Corbin)
225g PURE GF Bakery Blend (Ex Blended Flour)
½ tsp PURE Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp PURE Baking Powder
125g Butter/Baking Margarine (softened)
125g Soft Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 - 3 Very Ripe Bananas
150ml Plain Yoghurt
1 - 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Plain or Milk Chocolate Chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4 and grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time adding a tbs of flour with each egg.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly and beat those into the mixture.
- Stir in the yoghurt and vanilla extract, then using a large metal spoon fold in the flour.
- Finally, add the chocolate pieces and fold those in as well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface with a spoon or by giving the tin a jiggle, then place in the oven.
- When the cake is cooked (well-risen and browned) leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.