Recipes › Clootie Dumpling
160g PURE White Teff Flour
160g PURE Gluten-Free Blended Flour
235g caster sugar
75g PURE GF Vegetable Suet
40g gluten-free breadcrumbs
2 tsp PURE Baking Powder
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1 dessertspoon syrup
1 dessertspoon treacle
to mix milk (any type)
- Gently melt the syrup, treacle and milk together in a pan.
- Weigh and stir all of the other (dry) ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Ensure all of the spices are evenly distributed.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Flour a clean cloth using some blended flour or even some plain rice flour.
- Spoon the mixture onto the centre of the cloth and tie it securely at the top allowing room in the cloth for the mixture to swell.
- Immerse the cloth in boiling water for about 3 1⁄2 hours.
- Remove from the pan and turn the pudding onto an oven-proof plate and place in a warm oven for a few minutes to brown.
If you are pushed for time or want a slightly smaller pudding then look for our microwave equivalent recipe back on the recipe page.