Recipes › Banana & Date Loaf
Serves 10 - 12
A fantastic tea bread which will bridge the gap from lunch to dinner.
100g butter/baking margarine
175g caster sugar
2 eggs (large)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
112g PURE Gluten-Free Blended Flour
112g PURE Brown Teff Flour
1 tsp PURE Baking Powder
2 tbs milk (any type)
½tsp PURE Xanthan Gum
100g dates, pitted and chopped
1 tsp PURE Bicarbonate of Soda
2 tbs boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and then grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Weigh the flours, Xanthan and bicarbonate of soda together and mix with a whisk to blend them thoroughly. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir together until evenly mixed.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake until well-risen and golden brown in colour. Test with a skewer to check it is cooked all the way through.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then remove completely and place on a cooling rack.
Please note - where a recipe lists teff flour as an ingredient you can choose either white or brown, the recipe will work with both.