Recipes › Berry Muffins
You can also use frozen mixed berries out of season available in supermarkets and larger farm shops – be sure to defrost them first and drain off any excess water or juice.
300g PURE Multi Purpose Mix
125g caster sugar
50g butter/baking margarine
3 eggs, (medium) beaten
150g natural yoghurt (any type)
4 tbs vegetable oil
200g berries (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
2 tsp PURE Baking Powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Weigh the Pure multi-purpose flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla essence, yogurt, and melted margarine to the dry ingredients, and stir together until just mixed.
- Stir in the fresh berries.
- Divide the mixture between the twelve muffin cases.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve the muffins warm, they are best eaten on the day they are made.
- Store in an airtight container and they will keep for 1 – 2 days.