Recipes › Corn Soda Bread
Makes 1 loaf
This recipe was created by one of our farm shop owners who was searching for a bread which also avoided rice flour for one of her customers. She kindly shared it with us and we think it is a great addition to our recipes. Many thanks to Lesley Harris at Waye Barton Farm.
- Weigh out the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and stir.
- Rub the baking margarine into the flour.
- Add the milk, and egg to the dry ingredients and mix it all together to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Place the dough onto a floured work surface and with a little more flour shape into a round loaf (approx 7” in diameter). Place the loaf on a baking tray and score the top with a knife in the shape of a cross.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) Gas 6 for 50 – 55 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing. Once cool, store in an air tight container and use within 2-3 days.