Recipes › Ciabatta
15 minutes plus 30 minutes to prove
If you wish to freeze all or some of the ciabatta we recommend that they are left to cool then bagged and frozen. To refresh, allow to thaw out and then microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Weigh out the flour, yeast, and salt into a bowl and stir together.
- Add a ½ tsp caster sugar to the water. Stir until dissolved.
- Mix the bread flour, water, olive oil, and egg on a low speed for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and continue mixing for a further 2-3 minutes on a low speed (if mixing by hand, mix until a thick smooth batter is achieved).
- Add in the sundried tomatoes and whole olives and stir in gently until evenly mixed.
- Grease four large (2lb) loaf tins. Divide the batter equally among the tins, either by weight (300g) or by volume.
- Place inside an oiled plastic bag and leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Glaze with oil and bake at 200°C (400°F) Gas 6. De-tin onto a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing. Once cool, store in an air tight container and use within 2-3 days.