Recipes › Pancakes
5 minutes plus up to 30 minutes resting
We have used a dairy-free chocolate spread with bananas and a drizzle of honey for ours. They are also delicious with fresh soft fruit, or the traditional lemon and sugar.
100g PURE Bread Flour
250ml milk (any type)
1 egg, (medium)
- Pour the milk into a large jug or bowl, add the egg and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the flour and salt and stir with the whisk until the batter is smooth and free from lumps.
- Leave the batter to rest in a cool place or fridge for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a heavy non- stick frying pan until almost smoking.
- Pour in enough pancake batter to coat the bottom of the pan and then tilt and lift the pan to spread the batter around. Turn the heat down slightly and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Once the edges of the pancake start to lift away from the pan try easing a fish slice under it. If it slides easily then flip the pancake to cook the other side, if the pancake does not slide leave it for a little longer.
- Once both sides are nicely browned turn onto a warm plate and serve with your favourite filling.