Recipes › Scones
Scones are so quick to make and you can vary this recipe by adding sultanas or other dried fruit, or perhaps some grated cheese if you like a savoury scone.
- Place the flour, salt, caster sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add the margarine and rub it in until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the milk to bring the mixture together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and lightly roll until around 3 cm thick. Use a round pastry cutter (70mm works well) to cut individual scones, or alternatively shape the scones by hand.
- Place the scones onto a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Bake at 220°C/440°F/Gas Mark 7 until golden in colour.
- The scones are best eaten fresh, however, they can be stored once cool in an airtight container. Enjoy them with your favourite jam and a fresh brew!