Recipes › Pizza
15 minutes plus 25 minutes to prove
For this pizza we used a basic passata sauce with sliced fresh tomatoes, pepper and olives. This base is as versatile as a standard pizza crust so you can add whatever toppings you prefer and enjoy!
- Weigh the flour, salt, and yeast into a bowl and mix .
- Make a well in the centre and add the water, egg and olive oil. Mix together for 3-5 minutes until all you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Pour the batter onto a well oiled pizza pan (up to 12” for a thin crust pizza), then use a palette knife to carefully spread the batter until it covers the pan evenly.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 25 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 240°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8 until the dough has set and started to turn light brown (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and add your pizza topping. Bake for a further 10 minutes until the crust is nicely browned and the topping cooked.
- Remove from oven and serve hot