Recipes › Banana Bread (Seeded Teff)
Makes 1 loaf
A delicious moist tea loaf which keeps really well and is fast and simple to make.
225g PURE Teff Seeded Bread Flour
170g caster sugar
85g butter/hard margarine
2 eggs, beaten (medium)
¼tsp PURE Bicarbonate of Soda
3 bananas (ripe, peeled and mashed)
- Line a 2lb/1kg loaf tin with greaseproof paper or a tin liner.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and beat the mixture until it is smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl weigh the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and stir with a whisk to evenly disperse the soda and salt.
- Add the flour, sultanas and mashed bananas to the wet ingredients and stir together.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F until well risen and nicely browned. (For fan assisted ovens adjust the temperature according to your normal practice)
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Leaving the paper on, turn it out onto the wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Once cool store in an airtight container. This loaf will last for several days if stored correctly.