Recipes › Scones (plain blended flour)
An all-time favourite, these scones are fast to make and satisfying to eat. Perfect to bridge that mealtime gap morning or afternoon.
225g PURE GF Bakery Blend (Ex Blended Flour)
60g butter/hard margarine
125ml milk (any variety)
- Weigh the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and Xanthan gum in to a bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the butter and rub it in to the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the milk and bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface (a sprinkling of the plain flour or just some rice flour will be fine) and lightly roll it until it is around 2cm thick. Use a round pastry cutter (straight or fluted) to cut individual circles. (You can shape the scones by hand of your prefer)
- Place the scones onto a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray. You can glaze the top with either milk or some beaten egg at this stage to help them brown.
- Bake at 220°C/425°F until golden in colour. Cool on a wire rack and then slice and fill as required. Once cool they can be stored in an airtight container.