Recipes › Seeded apple muffins
Quick and wholesome muffins which will keep well and are great for lunch boxes. You can tweak this recipe to your own particular tastes with a variation of spices, and any variety of apple will do.
By Innovative and Roisin
½tsp mixed spice
200g apple, grated (any variety)
100ml/g milk (any variety)
1 egg (medium)
- Weigh the seeded teff flour, baking powder, mixed spice and dark brown soft sugar into a mixing bowl and stir together until mixed.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, milk and vegetable oil using a fork.
- Add the grated apple and the sultanas to the flour mixture and stir so that the fruit is lightly coated with the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir everything together.
- Line a deep muffin tray with cases/parchment (or use deep silicon muffin moulds) and divide the mixture evenly - it should fill the cases.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/420°F until well-risen and brown. (The tops should spring back when lightly pressed when they are cooked)
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
The muffins you see here were baked by one of my little helpers, Roisin, and she was very pleased with the end result.