Recipes › GF Low Sugar Blueberry Muffin
Healthy snack/ treat option. Only around 200kcal per muffin!! :) Perfect for kids and adults!!!
225g Pure GF Self Raising Flour
60g Pure GF Porridge Oats
50g Honey or Sugar
50ml Olive Oil
200 – 215 g of Plain Yoghurt
1 Banana (ripe), mashed
2 Eggs (medium)
3 Drops Lemon Essential Oil or Zest of 1 Lemon (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/430°F/Gas Mark 7. Prepare muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl mix together the mashed banana, gluten free flour, eggs, oil, milk and sugar/ honey.
3. Add the yoghurt, oats and lemon oil or zest and fold together gently.
4. Finally mix the blueberries with 1 tsp of flour then fold them through the mixture (this stops the colour from bleeding into the cake).
5. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases lining a muffin baking tray. Spray the cases with a Fry Light to prevent paper sticking to the muffin.
6. If you'd like to, sprinkle the muffins with a little granola at this stage.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°C/ 200° C fan/ Gas Mark 7 for 15 - 18 minutes until muffins are well risen and firm to touch
8. Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack.