Recipes › GF Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins
Low Sugar Rich Chocolaty Treat!! Perfect for kids and adults
290g Pure GF Porridge Oats (180g ground) + 2 tbsp. for muffin tops
2-3 Bananas (very ripe, mashed)
2 Eggs (large, lightly beaten)
2-3 heaped tsp Honey
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2tsp Pure GF Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla flavouring
½ tsp Pure GF Bicarbonate of Soda
½ tsp Salt
50g Pure GF Luxury Chocolate Drops (25g for muffin top decoration) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Prepare muffin tins.
2. For adding more flavour to your oats you can place them on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned for about 4 mins in the oven.
3. Place 180g of oats in a food processor and blend/ pulse until they reach a rough, flour like consistency.
4. Mix mashed bananas (with no lumps), eggs, honey, milk and vanilla to combine.
5. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated (avoid overmixing). Allow these to sit for 10 minutes to soak the oats.
6. Fold in approximately 25g of chocolate drops/chips (if desired).
7. Sprinkle muffin tops with reserved oats and remaining 25g of chocolate drops/chips, press down lightly.
8. Place in the oven for about 20 -23 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin should come out clean.