Recipes › GF Low Sugar Carrot Apple Muffins
30/ 35 mins
Delicious and healthy afternoon treat!
220g Pure GF Brown Rice Flour
1 Banana (large, very ripe)
2 Eggs (large, lightly beaten)
145 -160g Grated Carrot (1 large or 2 medium)
1 Grated Apple
80g Apple Pure/Apple Sauce
1 1/2tsp Pure GF Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Salt
250g Mascarpone Cheese
200g of Greek Style Yoghurt
2tsp Stevia Sweetener
1-2 tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Prepare muffin tins with liners.
2. In a large bowl combine all the wet ingredients (mashed banana, eggs, grated carrot, grated apple, milk and apple puree/sauce).
3. In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients (brown rice flour, sodium bicarbonate, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and salt) and mix it well.
4. Add the dry blend to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
5. Fill each muffin case to the top with the mixture and bake for approx. 35 mins (until golden brown and an inserted knife comes out clean)
6. Leave to cool down before further decorating (optional). making food naturally
7. For a mascarpone frosting (optional) blend together 250g of mascarpone cheese with 200g of Greek style yoghurt, 2 tsp of stevia sweetener and 1 tsp of vanilla flavouring and mix for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.