Recipes › Swiss Roll
We have used raspberry jam and whipped soya cream in our Swiss roll. We recommend warming the jam first as it will spread more easily without tearing the cake. You could also use a buttercream filling, or anything spreadable which takes your fancy.
75g PURE Multi Purpose Mix 1Kg
75g caster sugar
3 eggs (medium)
- Grease and line a rectangular baking tray, approximately 33cm by 23cm (13” by 9”).
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light, and thick enough to leave a thin trail on the batter when the whisk is lifted.
- Gently fold in the sieved flour with a metal spoon to keep the mixture light.
- Pour onto the prepared baking tray, tilting backwards and forwards to spread the mixture in an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4 until well risen and firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes. Turn the sponge onto greaseproof paper and carefully remove the old greaseproof paper from the base of the sponge. Gently roll the sponge using the new sheet and allow to cool.
- Once cool, unroll and spread with the desired filling. Re-roll and serve.