Recipes › Panini
15 minutes plus 30 minutes to prove
If you wish to freeze all or some of the panini we recommend that they are left to cool and then sliced. The panini can then be bagged and frozen. To refresh, allow to thaw out and then microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Weigh out the flour, yeast, and salt into a bowl and stir together.
- Add the ½ tsp caster sugar to the water and stir until dissolved.
- Mix the flour, water, olive oil, and egg on a low speed for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and continue mixing for a further 2-3 minutes. (If mixing by hand, mix until a thick smooth batter is achieved).
- Grease five small (1lb) loaf tins. Divide the batter equally amongst the tins, either by weight (200g) or by volume.
- Place inside an oiled plastic bag and leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Glaze with oil and bake at 200°C (400°F) Gas 6. Remove from the oven and turn them onto a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing. Once cool, store in an air tight container and use within 2-3 days.