Recipes › Cranberry, Pumpkin Seeds & Caramel Flapjacks
A luxurious gluten free flapjack recipe, featuring a delicious caramel layer.
· Pre heat oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas Mark 3 and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking parchment
· Melt the butter, caramel and sugar in a large saucepan, then tip in the oats and flour.
· Stir well, making sure every oat is covered in the mixture, then tip into the cake tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon to level the surface. Bake for 40 minutes.
· Tip the remaining caramel and butter into a small saucepan, boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a dark golden brown and thickens a little.
· When the flapjacks have finished cooking, remove them from the oven and pour over the hot caramel.
· Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then scatter with the seeds, cranberries and chocolate chips.