Recipes › 3 Minute Chocolate Cake
This recipe was sent to us by a chocoholic friend and we think this is one that mums everywhere will treasure. Instant chocolate cake and not an additive in sight! For a more grown-up version try adding a dash of rum or Tia Maria with the liquid ingredients and serve hot with a good dollop of something creamy....
4 tbs PURE Multi Purpose Mix 1Kg
2 tbs PURE Luxury Cocoa Powder 100g
4 tbs granulated sugar
3 tbs oil
3 tbs milk (any type)
2-3 tbs (optional) PURE Chocolate Drops 200g
1 egg, (medium)
2-3 drops vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to a small pudding bowl or extra large coffee mug and mix well. (You can use a metal spoon or small whisk).
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips if you are using them and the vanilla extract and stir again.
- Place the bowl or mug in the microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes (minimum 750 watt microwave). The cake will rise above the top so leave it to cook – it won’t spill over.
- If you want to have this as a hot pudding you can tip this onto a plate (remember to scoop out all the lovely melted chocolatey bits) and serve with cream or ice-cream. Alternatively leave to cool slightly and turn out onto a rack to cool completely.