Recipes › Italian Herb Bread
15 minutes plus 30 minutes to prove
You can use other fresh herbs such as oregano, marjoram, basil and thyme depending on what you like and what you have to hand.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar, yeast and rosemary together until uniformly mixed.
- Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg and water. Mix together for 2-3 minutes until all the dough has come together. Add in the sliced olives and mix for a further minute.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and gently shape/roll out to fit into an 8” (deep) cake tin.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Using your fingertips make deep dimples all over the dough. Brush liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cool on a wire rack and garnish with fresh herbs and freshly ground black pepper before serving. Best served warm.