Recipes › Seeded Teff Bread
Makes 2lb loaf
- Weigh out the flour, yeast and salt into a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly with a spoon or whisk.
- Add the sugar to the water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the water and egg to the dry ingredients and mix together (by hand or using an electric mixer) until you have a thick, smooth batter. Pour the batter into two 1lb loaf tins (6”x4”x3”), or into a single 2lb loaf tin and spray the top with oil.
- Place the tin in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes or until the mixture is level with the top of the tin (this may take less than 30 minutes so keep an eye on it). You can cover the tin with a damp cloth or place it inside an oiled plastic bag.
- Spray lightly with oil again and bake at 220oC/ 450oF/Gas mark 7.
- When baked, remove from the oven and turn the bread out onto a wire rack. Allow it to cool thoroughly before slicing.
- Store the loaf in an airtight container and use within 2-3 days.