Recipes › Rhubarb and Strawberries Crumble
35 -40 mins
Perfect for using any fruit in season!
150g PURE Gluten-Free Blended Flour 1kg
100g Butter (cold, diced)
50g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Prepare and grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Chop the rhubarb into 3cm pieces, halving any thicker pieces lengthways and toss with the sugar and cornflour. Add the rhubarb to the prepared dish.
Alternatively you can leave the rhubarb to stand for 10-15 min before draining it and added to the prepared dish.
3. Add the strawberry pieces.
4. To make the crumble, cube the butter and toss with the flour. Cut into the flour with a cutlery knife until the butter is in small pieces. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs with a few larger pieces of butter. Stir in the sugar.
5. Tip the crumble mixture over the fruit without pressing down. Place on a baking tray to catch any drips, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve with hot vanilla custard (using custard powder, sugar and milk), cream or ice cream.