Recipes › Lemon Cake
1 hour 15 minutes
Serves 10 - 12
This delicious cake recipe was sent to us by Lesley and was an immediate hit with the taste panel. Many thanks to you, Lesley, for such an excellent recipe.
By Innovative & Lesley
285g/10oz PURE Multi Purpose Mix
320g/11oz Caster Sugar
285g/10oz Soft Margarine
5 Medium Eggs
1 Large Lemon
- Line the sides and base of a 20cm (8inch) deep cake tin (a spring form tin is ideal, as this will make it easier to remove the cake).
- Grate the zest of the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Weigh the flour, margarine, caster sugar, and eggs into a mixing bowl. Add all the zest and 3tbsp of the lemon juice. Keep the rest of the lemon juice for mixing with the icing sugar to make the icing.
- Mix the ingredients on a slow speed until the ingredients have combined then increase the speed gradually and beat for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 for 1 hour 15 minutes or when a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes. Turn the cake onto a wire rack, remove the lining paper and allow to cool.
- Make a slack icing with the remaining lemon juice and icing sugar. When the cake is cool, drizzle the icing over the top.