Recipes › Cinnamon Apple Cake
1 hour 15 minutes
This recipe and picture comes to you courtesy of one of our customers, Rosemary and it has become a firm favourite with a certain south west Coeliac group. Thank you, Rosemary.
250g PURE Multi Purpose Mix
250g caster sugar
250g butter/baking margarine
3 tsp PURE Baking Powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs Demerara sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs, (medium) beaten
3 Bramley apples (peeled, cored, cut into wedges)
- Grease and line the sides and base of a 20cm deep cake tin (a spring form tin is ideal, as this will make it easier to remove the cake).
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla essence, and beat together quickly to form a smooth mixture. Tip into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Lay the apple wedges on top, poking them halfway down into the mixture; pack the apples in tightly as they will shrink during baking. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour 15 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes. Turn the cake onto a wire rack, remove the lining paper and allow to cool fully before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container.