Recipes › Christmas Pudding
10 - 15min
50 - 60 min
Whilst most Pudding recipes recommend making the Puddings several weeks in advance, this recipe gives excellent results even when made the day before!
75g Apple Juice
75g PURE Multi Purpose Mix 1Kg
50g Glace Cherries
50g Baking Margarine (melted)
1/4tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/4tsp Nutmeg, ground
1/4tsp Mixed Spice
1 Egg (medium beaten)
5 drops Lemon Essence
1. Lightly grease a 500ml / 750ml pudding bowl.
2. Weigh out the flour and spices into a mixing bowl and mix together. Add in the fruit and stir until evenly mixed. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix for 1 – 2 minutes.
3. Place the mixture into the prepared bowl and smooth over with the back of a wet spoon. Cover the bowl with tinfoil.
4. Bake in a preheated oven @ 170oC/325oF/Gas Mark 3 on the middle shelf for 1 hour.
5. Remove from the oven, leave the foil on and allow to cool in the bowl.
6. To serve, place the pudding on a plate and cover with a bowl and microwave on high for 2–3 minutes, allow to rest for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively steam in the traditional way for 1-2 hours and serve with your favourite topping.