Recipes › Batter Mix Ideas
5 - 10 mins
A fantastic Gluten Free Batter Mix idea
1. Weigh the flour into a mixing bowl, then add all
the water and whisk together for 2 – 3 minutes, or
until a smooth batter is achieved.
2. Add the mushrooms to the batter and stir until
they are covered.
3. If you have a deep fat fryer set it to 180°C (or
the setting for chips) or heat around 1 litre of
vegetable oil in a small saucepan. The oil should
be on a medium heat and not smoking. Using a
slotted spoon, transfer the battered mushrooms to
the fryer and cook for 5 – 10 minutes or until
golden brown and crispy.
4. Remove the cooked mushrooms from the fryer
and place onto some kitchen paper towel to absorb
the excess oil.
5. Serve hot with a salad for a tasty lunch, or with a
favourite dip (garlic mayonnaise or sweet chilli
sauce, for example) for a delicious starter.