Recipes › Teff Bread
10 minutes plus 30 minutes proving
Makes 1 Loaf
- Weigh out the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly with a spoon or whisk.
- Add the water and egg and with a wooden spoon or electric mixer stir all the ingredients together until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a 1lb loaf tin (6”x4”x3”) and spray the top with oil.
- Place the tin in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes or until the mixture is level with the top of the tin (this may take less than 30 minutes so do keep an eye on it). You can cover the tin with a damp cloth or place it inside an oiled plastic bag if you prefer.
- Spray lightly with oil again and bake at 220oC/ 450oF/Gas mark 7.
- When baked, remove from the oven and turn the bread out onto a wire rack. Allow it to cool thoroughly before slicing.
- Store the loaf in an airtight container and use within 2-3 days.