Recipes › Scones (plain blended flour)
An all-time favourite, these scones are fast to make and satisfying to eat. Perfect to bridge that mealtime gap morning or afternoon.
225g PURE Gluten-Free Blended Flour 1kg
60g butter/hard margarine
125ml milk (any variety)
- Weigh the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and Xanthan gum in to a bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the butter and rub it in to the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the milk and bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface (a sprinkling of the plain flour or just some rice flour will be fine) and lightly roll it until it is around 2cm thick. Use a round pastry cutter (straight or fluted) to cut individual circles. (You can shape the scones by hand of your prefer)
- Place the scones onto a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray. You can glaze the top with either milk or some beaten egg at this stage to help them brown.
- Bake at 220°C/425°F until golden in colour. Cool on a wire rack and then slice and fill as required. Once cool they can be stored in an airtight container.