Recipes › Savoury Cheese Bread
Makes a 2lb loaf
This recipe makes a tasty savoury loaf, great for sandwiches or as an accompaniment to any meal.
355g PURE Gluten-Free Blended Flour
2 tsp PURE Xanthan Gum
4 tsp PURE Baking Powder
1 tbs granulated sugar
1 tsp onion salt
1 egg, beaten (medium)
300ml milk (any type)
110g grated mature cheddar cheese
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbs butter/baking margarine
½tsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 180oC/350oF/gas mark 4.
- Sieve together the flour, Xanthan, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add the oregano and cheese and mix well.
- Mix together well the beaten egg, milk, rice vinegar, butter and mustard, and add the mixture all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir until the entire mix is well blended.
- Spread into a greased 2lb loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container or bag.