Recipes › Double Chocolate Muffins
This recipe is based on one which was passed to us by Mary at the Magdalen Project. We have adapted it for our flour and are sure you will enjoy the result. It is suitable for vegans and one of the best egg-free cake recipes we have come across – thank you, Mary!
- Pour the boiling water over the creamed coconut, in a bowl. Stir until dissolved, then set aside until cool. Break up the chocolate (if using a block) into small chunks.
- Weigh the Pure flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and stir together. Stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the dissolved coconut and vegetable oil. Mix well to form a smooth stiff batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks, then spoon the mixture into the 8 – 10 muffin cases.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 until the muffins are well risen and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack. They are best when still warm and the chunks of chocolate are melted and gooey.
- Store in an airtight container and best eaten within 1–2 days.