Recipes › Buckwheat Pancakes
20-30 minutes (total)
4 large or 8 small
Quick and simple pancakes with all the goodness of buckwheat.
120g PURE GF Buckwheat Flour
1 egg, beaten (medium)
25g butter/hard margarine (melted)
240ml milk (any variety)
- Weigh out all the flour and salt into a bowl or jug and stir to mix.
- Add the milk, eggs and melted butter and then whisk for a couple of minutes to make a smooth batter.
- Put a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan onto a medium-high heat and allow to get thoroughly hot, but not smoking.
- Pour in enough pancake batter to coat the bottom of the pan and tilt the pan to allow the batter to spread evenly. Leave to cook until it has browned underneath (the edges will come away from the sides of the pan) and then flip to cook the other side.
- When both sides are nicely browned turn the pancake onto a warm plate and repeat until all the batter is used.