Recipes › Pancakes (Pancake Mix)
5 minutes plus up to 30 minutes resting
classic pancake mix (but can be used as a coating batter or for Yorkshire Puddings!)
250ml Milk (could be soya or rice alternative)
1 Egg (medium)
100g PURE Gluten Free Pancake Mix 150g
1. Pour the milk into a large jug or bowl, add the
egg and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
2. Add the Pure flour and salt and stir with the
whisk until the batter is smooth and free from
3. Leave the batter to rest in a cool place or fridge
for 15 minutes or more.
4. Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a heavy nonstick
frying pan until almost smoking.
5. Pour in enough pancake batter to coat the
bottom of the pan and then tilt and lift the pan to
spread the batter around. Turn the heat down
slightly and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Once the edges of the pancake start to lift away
from the pan try easing a fish slice under it. If it
slides easily then flip the pancake to cook the other
side. (If the pancake does not slide leave it for a
7. Once both sides are nicely browned turn onto a
warm plate and serve with your favourite filling.