- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Prepare muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, sift together at least twice all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with a fork until aerated.
- Stir in apple pieces and milk, followed by oil/melted butter.
- Pour all wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until evenly combined before adding fruit/walnuts during final strokes. This batter is thicker than most as apple releases its moisture while cooking.
- Spoon into tins or baking cases. Sprinkle the Apple Spice Muffins with topping if desired.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 mins until tops are lightly browned and quite firm.
Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together - be careful, it won’t need...