- Lightly grease a 1lb loaf tin with oil.
- Weigh the flour, baking powder, Xanthan, salt and yeast together into a bowl, and then whisk to blend.
- Measure the sugar into the warm water and stir to dissolve. The water should be warm to the touch but not hot – if it is too hot it will kill the yeast rather than activate it.
- Once the sugar is dissolved pour the water and the egg into the flour mix and beat it thoroughly with a wooden spoon or cake beater if using an electric mixer.
- Pour the entire mixture into the prepared tray and gently smooth it for an even top.
- Spray the top with oil and place inside an oiled bag in a warm place to prove.
- When the dough (at its centre) is level with the top of the tin spray again lightly with oil and place immediately in the oven at 190ºC.
- When baked (the Sandwich Loaf should sound hollow when knocked and be evenly browned) turn the bread onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- Once fully cooled this bread can be sliced and frozen, or kept in an airtight container.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust – Makes one 10-11” pizza, serves 2 To make your begin making your Gluten Free Pizza Crust, mix 8g Dried Yeast with 180ml warm water. Add ½ tsp of sugar and stir until dissolved, then set aside for 10 minutes.Mix 200g of pizza base mix with the...