- Lightly grease a 1lb loaf tin with oil.
- Weigh the flour, baking powder, Xanthan, salt and yeast together into a bowl, and then whisk to blend.
- Measure the sugar into the warm water and stir to dissolve. The water should be warm to the touch but not hot – if it is too hot it will kill the yeast rather than activate it.
- Once the sugar is dissolved pour the water and the egg into the flour mix and beat it thoroughly with a wooden spoon or cake beater if using an electric mixer.
- Pour the entire mixture into the prepared tray and gently smooth it for an even top.
- Spray the top with oil and place inside an oiled bag in a warm place to prove.
- When the dough (at its centre) is level with the top of the tin spray again lightly with oil and place immediately in the oven at 190ºC.
- When baked (the Sandwich Loaf should sound hollow when knocked and be evenly browned) turn the bread onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- Once fully cooled this bread can be sliced and frozen, or kept in an airtight container.
Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together - be careful, it won’t need...