- Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.
- Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together – be careful, it won’t need much!
- Refrigerate the whole mix for at least 30 minutes prior to shaping and baking.
- Use some of the Pure flour to lightly ‘flour’ your work surface and roll the biscuit mix out to a thickness of around 1⁄4 inch (around 75mm). Use a biscuit cutter for plain or fancy shapes, alternatively shape the biscuits by hand.
- Place onto greased baking sheets and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Store your Choc Chip Cookies in an airtight container and they will last several weeks.
To start making our Vegan Sandwich Loaf, we need to make the egg replacer by mixing the ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp water in a small bowl and leaving it in fridge for 10-15 mins.In a large bowl sift in the flour, xanthan gum, salt, dried yeast, bicarbonate of soda and...