- Sieve the dry ingredients for the dough and rub in the butter with your hands to form coarse crumbs.
- Add in the egg, oil, milk and vanilla mix till well combined.
- Using an electric mixer mix on a high speed for 3 minutes (essential that it is for the full 3 minutes).
- Should have a very thick batter consistency, cover the bowl with cling film and prove for about 1½ hrs.
- While the dough is proving, make the cinnamon filling. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and soft butter together in a bowl using a fork to make a paste.
Making the rolls:
- Once the dough has finished proving, turn it out onto a lightly greased parchment paper and pat it out gently into an 8” x 16” rectangle.
- Brush some milk onto the surface of the dough and spread the cinnamon filling leaving 1 inch of the edge of the dough clear.
- Using the parchment paper roll out the dough away from you using the long edge of the dough that is closest to you.
- Using a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 pieces
- Place the rolls in a well-greased 8” cake tin and leave to prove for 45 mins to 1hr.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C towards the end of the proving time.
- Bake the Cinnamon Rolls for 25 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Making the Icing:
- Whilst the Cinnamon Rolls are baking. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Remove rolls from oven and ice immediately. Enjoy!