- Weigh the flour, baking powder and Xanthan gum into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the oil, yoghurt and water and mix with a wooden spoon (if mixing by hand) until you have a soft dough which comes away clean from the sides of the bowl. (You can cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes at this stage, however, it isn’t necessary to do so).
- Divide the mixture into 4 and roll each piece out on a lightly floured surface so that it is an oval pitta bread shape around ½ cm thick (no thinner).
- Place each pitta onto a dry baking sheet (a fish slice can help to prevent tearing) and place in the oven at 190oC/375oF.
- After 10 minutes turn the pittas over and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Each of the Corn Pitta Breads will have the trademark ‘puffed’ appearance at this stage and once cooled can be split and filled or eaten with a favourite dip and salad.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust – Makes one 10-11” pizza, serves 2 To make your begin making your Gluten Free Pizza Crust, mix 8g Dried Yeast with 180ml warm water. Add ½ tsp of sugar and stir until dissolved, then set aside for 10 minutes. Mix 200g of pizza base mix with the...