- Pre heat oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas Mark 3 and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking parchment
- Melt the butter, caramel and sugar in a large saucepan, then tip in the oats and flour.
- Stir well, making sure every oat is covered in the mixture, then tip into the cake tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon to level the surface. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Tip the remaining caramel and butter into a small saucepan, boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a dark golden brown and thickens a little.
- When the Caramel Flapjacks have finished cooking, remove them from the oven and pour over the hot caramel.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then scatter with the seeds, cranberries and chocolate chips.
Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together - be careful, it won’t need...