- Pre heat oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas Mark 3 and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking parchment
- Melt the butter, caramel and sugar in a large saucepan, then tip in the oats and flour.
- Stir well, making sure every oat is covered in the mixture, then tip into the cake tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon to level the surface. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Tip the remaining caramel and butter into a small saucepan, boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a dark golden brown and thickens a little.
- When the Caramel Flapjacks have finished cooking, remove them from the oven and pour over the hot caramel.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then scatter with the seeds, cranberries and chocolate chips.
Lightly grease a 7” round sandwich tin.Weigh the flours and sugar together into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the vanilla essence.Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. You can use a sharp knife to do this, or even a fork, or simply by...