- Preheat oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas Mark 9.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Run in the butter. Add sultanas and gently mix together.
- Lightly whisk eggs and the natural yoghurt together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg and natural yoghurt mixture. Mix to soft dough, adding a little more natural yoghurt if needed.
- Turn onto a rice-floured surface and knead lightly, just enough to shape into a round. Roll out to approx. 2.5cm/1 in thick and cut out rounds using a 5.5cm/2 ¼ in cutter. Place the Fruit Scones on a rice-floured baking sheet with a little egg wash.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Lightly grease a 7” round sandwich tin.Weigh the flours and sugar together into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the vanilla essence.Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. You can use a sharp knife to do this, or even a fork, or simply by...