- Mix the oats and chia seeds before adding the almond milk and a squeeze of the lemon juice.
- Leave in the fridge to soak for 2-3 hours (or overnight if you are making this for breakfasts).
- Place the peaches, honey, ginger, lemon zest and remaining juice in a blender and whizz to purée.
- Divide the purée between four glass ramekins and then spoon equal portions of the soaked bircher muesli on top.
- Serve or chill the Muesli Pots and serve the next day.
Use fresh peaches if ripe, or grilled for 20 minutes until smoky and caramelised. This is perfect for a summer’s breakfast but it is also versatile: try adding spices such as turmeric or cinnamon to the grains as they soak. The compote is flexible too, and can work well with any fruit that’s in season, such as strawberries and blueberries or persimmons in autumn.