- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a deep cake tin.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time taking care not to allow the mix to curdle (add a little flour if it starts). Add the milk, vanilla and flour, mixing only as much as necessary. Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake it for approx. 60 minutes in a preheated oven until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cake will pull away from the sides of the pan slightly when done. Allow cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice in two using a sharp bread knife and sandwich the cake using a favourite jam or butter cream. Decorate as desired.
- Store Sponge Cake in an airtight tin.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust – Makes one 10-11” pizza, serves 2 To make your begin making your Gluten Free Pizza Crust, mix 8g Dried Yeast with 180ml warm water. Add ½ tsp of sugar and stir until dissolved, then set aside for 10 minutes. Mix 200g of pizza base mix with the...