- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Prepare muffin tins.
- For adding more flavour to your oats you can place them on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned for about 4 mins in the oven.
- Place 180g of oats in a food processor and blend/ pulse until they reach a rough, flour like consistency.
- Mix mashed bananas (with no lumps), eggs, honey, milk and vanilla to combine.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated (avoid overmixing). Allow these to sit for 10 minutes to soak the oats.
- Fold in approximately 25g of chocolate drops/chips (if desired).
- Sprinkle muffin tops with reserved oats and remaining 25g of chocolate drops/chips, press down lightly.
- Place the Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins in the oven for about 20 -23 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin should come out clean.
Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together - be careful, it won’t need...