- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed/springform tin and line the base with paper. Weigh the polenta, almonds and baking powder into a bowl and mix them well together.
- Weigh the butter into a large mixing bowl and beat it until light and creamy (a handheld electric mixer is ideal for this). Add the sugar and half of the orange zest and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat each one in well before adding the next. (If your butter is well creamed the mixture won’t curdle).
- Carefully fold in the polenta and almond mix using a large metal spoon; you want to retain the lightness of the beaten butter and eggs.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and gently spread it evenly with a spoon. Bake the Orange Polenta Cake until the top is golden and springs back when touched.
- Warm the orange juice, remaining zest and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved and then allow to simmer for a few minutes. Prick the surface of the cake and spoon the syrup over while the cake is still hot. Cool your Orange Polenta Cake in the tin.
Heat the oven to 170oC and grease and line an 8” square baking tinPour all 500g of brownie mix into a large bowl and add in the melted butter and mix well to combine.Add in the eggs and whisk for approx. 1 min until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved.Pour in...