- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed/springform tin and line the base with paper. Weigh the polenta, almonds and baking powder into a bowl and mix them well together.
- Weigh the butter into a large mixing bowl and beat it until light and creamy (a handheld electric mixer is ideal for this). Add the sugar and half of the orange zest and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat each one in well before adding the next. (If your butter is well creamed the mixture won’t curdle).
- Carefully fold in the polenta and almond mix using a large metal spoon; you want to retain the lightness of the beaten butter and eggs.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and gently spread it evenly with a spoon. Bake the Orange Polenta Cake until the top is golden and springs back when touched.
- Warm the orange juice, remaining zest and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved and then allow to simmer for a few minutes. Prick the surface of the cake and spoon the syrup over while the cake is still hot. Cool your Orange Polenta Cake in the tin.
In a bowl mix the flour, salt, yeast and sugar together.Make a well in the centre and add the egg and water. Mix together for 2-3 minutes until all the dough has come together.Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently shape/roll out to fit a 9-10” pizza...