- Pour the milk into a large jug or bowl, add the egg and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the Batter mix and salt then stir with the whisk until the batter is smooth and free from lumps. You’re now ready to make Pancakes!
- The Batter can be used immediately or Leave the batter to rest in a cool place or fridge for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a heavy non-stick frying pan until almost smoking.
- Pour in enough pancake batter to coat the bottom of the pan and then tilt and lift the pan to spread the batter around. Turn the heat down slightly and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Once the edges of the pancake start to lift away from the pan try easing a fish slice under it. If it slides easily then flip the pancake to cook the other side. (If the pancake does not slide leave it for a little longer).
- Once both sides are nicely browned turn onto a warm plate and serve the Pancakes with your favourite filling.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (170°C for fan assisted) and lightly grease and line a 20cm loosebottomed tin.Toss the raspberries in no more than 1 tbs flour to help prevent them sinking.Sift the flours, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl.In a...