- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Thoroughly mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and ground ginger and add it to plums mixing it well. Arrange skin side up, in ungreased, deep 9-inch pie plate.
- To make the crumble combine the sugar, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Stir in egg. Then, using hands mix thoroughly to produce little particles. Sprinkle over plums.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over crumb mixture and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The Plum Crumble is done when the top is browned and plums yield easily when pricked. Remove from oven and serve with custard, cream or ice cream.
- Any leftovers can be refrigerated up to couple of days or freeze well covered.
Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together - be careful, it won’t need...