- Weigh the margarine into a saucepan with the water. Heat until the margarine is melted then bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and quickly tip in the flour all at once. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until the paste forms a ball, leaving the sides of the saucepan clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then beat in the egg a little at a time until it forms a soft sticky dough. This will take 3–4 minutes beating and the dough does not have to be completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking sheet to the required size and shape, or use a piping bag to form balls of dough to create the Profiteroles, and bake at 220oC/ 425oF/ Gas 7, for about 20 – 25 minutes until well risen.
- Once baked make a slit in the side of each profiterole as soon as you remove them from the oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, fill each with whipped (soya) cream or soft ice cream and cover with chocolate sauce (melted chocolate) or syrup.
- Store Profiteroles in an airtight container.
Rub in the margarine and Pure flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar, then add the chocolate chips and mix until they are thoroughly coated.Add the vanilla essence and enough water to bind the mix together - be careful, it won’t need...