- Grease and line a 19cm (7.5”) round cake tin with double thickness greaseproof paper.
- Weigh all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat with a large spoon until well mixed (4-6 mins).
- Place the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth over with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 140°C/275°F/Gas mark 1 on the middle shelf for approx 3 ½ – 4 hours. Check after 2 hours (as ovens vary). Cover with greaseproof paper or foil for the last hour, to prevent the top of the cake from becoming too brown.
- Test the cake with a skewer (it should come out clean) before removing from the oven to ensure it is correctly baked.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin overnight. Turn out and remove the papers. Wrap in greaseproof paper and foil and store in a cool dry place.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (170°C for fan assisted) and lightly grease and line a 20cm loosebottomed tin.Toss the raspberries in no more than 1 tbs flour to help prevent them sinking.Sift the flours, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl.In a...